Friday, May 20, 2016

Awesome Gospel Song: Psalm 61 - Matthew Ward


Video/Music Below - The video is a still image but the music is awesome!!

------------------------------------

Hi!

Some time ago I posted a video of Matthew Ward and Richard Souther's song Psalm 61, with lyrics taken more or less from that verse in the Bible.

(See that post here)


Photo - "In Flight" - Copyright 2014 - Jephyr - All Rights Reserved

 That version was a simple arrangement with Souther playing acoustic piano and Matthew Ward singing.

I'd heard another version of this song Matthew Ward had done with a much more involved production, but was so used to the older version I didn't like it as much.

Recently I heard it again...and really like it now.

I'll share it here and hope it will Bless you as well.

-------------------

Psalm 61 - from the album My Redeemer,℗ 1997 Matthew Ward, released on 12-31-1997.

LYRICS BELOW




Psalm 61 -  Music Matthew Ward - Richard Souther

Hear my cry, O God
Give heed to my prayer
From the ends of the earth I call to thee
When my heart is faint
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I
For thou hast been a refuge for me
And a tower of strength against the enemy
A tower of strength against the enemy
And let me dwell in thy tent forever
Hear my cry, O God
Hear my cry, O Father
Hear my cry, O God


-------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment