Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Christian Praise Music: Sing Your Praise To The Lord - Amy Grant


Hi!

I had the most amazing dream the other day.  It was a long epic...and I was going from place to place and surrounded by various people.

At one point I was at some kind of Christian retreat...and I entered a room where  with a few people in it...and older woman was playing piano and singing...doing both beautifully and skillfully.

She was playing some great gospel song...it was so upbeat and happy...kinda a southern gospel boogie...and she was praising God!


Although I don't remember what song it was now...in the dream I joined in and sang with all my being.

Soon a man took a microphone and said, "Some of you are already in the Spirit....", and encouraged others to join in.

I realized then how happy and at peace I was.

I wish more Christian music was like that!!

----------------------------------

Let Everything that has breath Praise the Lord - Psalm 150:6 - Photo:  Jephyr


Back to the real world:  That kind of music has been going through my head...and the other day the melody and lyrics from Amy Grant's "Sing Your Praise To The Lord" was going through my mind.

Interesting...because I hadn't heard it in MANY years!

It's such a happy, joyful song...praising God.


If you haven't heard it I hope you'll check out the video below...or if you have...maybe it's time to refresh your memory...and YOUR spirit.

The video is "music only", so I've added the lyrics below the video...so you can join in if you want to.

(There's an approximately 1 minute 10 second piano instrumental intro before the vocals start)





[Chorus:]
Sing your praise to the Lord
Come on everybody
Stand up and sing one more Hallelujah
Give your praise to the Lord
I can never tell you
Just how much good that it's
Gonna do you...just to

[Chorus]

Sing anew
The song your heart learned to sing
When He first gave His life to you
The life goes on and so must the song
You gotta sing again
The song born in your soul
When you first gave your heart to Him
Sing His praises once more

[Chorus]

Sing aloud
The song that someone is dying to hear,
Down in the madd'ning crowd
As you once were before you heard the song
You gotta let them know
The truth is alive to shine upon the way
So maybe they can go
Sing your praises once more

[Chorus]

Let the name of the Lord be praised,
Both for now and evermore,
Praise him, oh, you servants
Give your

[Chorus]

Sing, sing sing
Come on
Sing, sing, sing,
I can hear you now
Sing, sing, sing


---------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by!

God Bless you!!





No comments:

Post a Comment