Friday, May 20, 2016

Beautiful Gospel Song: I Need You Every Hour - Ray Hildebrand - 1971

YouTube Video/Music Track Follows Commentary Below

Christ Walking On The Waters - Julius Sergius Von Klever - 1880's - Public Domain

Hi,

Many years ago I had a Christian compilation album...that I think was put out by Word Records.

There was a beautiful song on it that I really loved.  It was, as I found out much later, a more modern re-working of an older hymn called I Need Thee Every Hour.

Sometime later, 10 to 15 years or so, I no longer had the original recording, but I still remembered that song...and long before the internet I began looking for it.

By then, however, I simply could not remember the artist who recorded it.  So one day, I went to a Christian bookstore and asked about it.  No one knew what I was referring to...but they gave me access to a HUGE book so I could look for it by title.

I had no luck finding it there though.

Still I kept thinking about it.   Since I'd played it over and over I kept hoping I could remember the artist's name to help me searching for it.  


Consolator -Artist: Carl Heinrich Bloch (1834-1890)
Consolator -Artist: Carl Heinrich Bloch (1834-1890)
 One day, after LITERALLY years of thinking about it...the artist's name popped in my head:  Ray Hildebrand!!

I had always remembered the song was called I Need You Every Hour...and I now had the singer's name...but still couldn't find a recording of that song.

As the power of the internet grew I'd search for that song from time to time.

Eventually, I found a place on-line that listed an LP of Hildebrand's with that song on it.  They said it was new in the wrapper and I still had a turn-table (even though I'd completely transitioned to CD's by that time)...so I ordered it.

When I got it I was disappointed because although it was still shrink-wrapped...it was very "scratchy" and sounded terrible.  I'm not sure to this day if it was used and simply re-shink-wrapped...or if it had just been sitting in a warehouse so long that it's grooves had begun to be pressed flat.  Ether way I found the recording un-listenable.

Still, I thought about that song from time to time through the years...and as the internet grew I'd do a search once in a while without any luck.

In the last few days I was thinking about it again and did yet another YouTube search...not really expecting to find it as had been the case so many times before...and THERE it was!!


It's in a YouTube video...a digital transfer from an LP...so there's a small amount of needle noise at the beginning...but after a bit that's not noticeable...and just the beautiful track is left.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and you are Blessed by it!!

-----------------

I Need You Every Hour - Ray Hildebrand - 1971 -Word

Found on WapsiValley's YouTube Channel



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a Blessed day!!










No comments:

Post a Comment