Monday, September 9, 2013

Awesome Gospel - Soul Music: The Soul Stirrers - Lord, Remember Me

Soul Stirrers (circa 1974)
Soul Stirrers (circa 1974)
Hello!

A while back I posted a video of a young Sam Cook singing acapella with the Soul
Stirrers.  (1-25-13)

From wikipedia:

The Soul Stirrers were pioneers in the development of gospel music and soul.

In 1989 they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of rock's Early Influences, and into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in 2000.

--------------------------------------


Soul Stirrers (circa 1974)
Soul Stirrers (circa 1974)
I just happened upon another awesome 1974 video of The Soul Stirrers, with Eddie Huffman singing lead, performing Lord Remember Me.

The video is a bit hit and miss, with footage taken from a live performance, and with images of the "Soul Stirrers - Soul Stirring Reunion" CD cover cut in from time to time (and the video even "freezes" a few times).

But the music is perfect!  


Hope it Blesses you!

(Lyrics Below)





Psalm 25:4-7
4 Show me your ways, Lord,
teach me your paths.

5 Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
6 Remember, Lord, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.
7 Do not remember the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you, Lord, are good.

-------------------------------------------------------

Lyrics to Lord Remember Me
:


Whoa, You know I'm like,
I'm like a ship that's, Tossed and driven, Whoa, Lord,
I'm battered by, An angry, An angry sea, Well-Oh, Father,
You know when, When the storms of life, It keeps on ragin',
Jesus, Father, Remember me!
O Lord...

(Listen to me...)

Sometimes, It feels like the weight of this world, Is on my shoulders, Whoa, Yes, It do,
Sometimes, I'm burdened down in sorrows and in misery, Well-Oh, Father,
You know when, When the storms of life, They keeps on ragin', They got to keep on ragin',
Jesus, I love you Father, Remember me!
Oh, Lord...

(Listen)

I read about it, I read about how you, You delivered Daniel, Oh, Yes, You did,
You went down in the lion den, Made the lion back up, And You let old Daniel go free,
Well-Yeah,
You know when, When the storms of life, They keeps on ragin', Got To keep on ragin',
Jesus, I love you Father, Please remember me,
Yeah...

I know You, I know You, Remembered the Hebrew children, I know You remembered them,
When they was down in the fiery furnace, It was seven times hotter than it ought to be,
Yes, It was, Father,
You know when, When the storms of life, They keeps on ragin', Got To keep on......
Jesus, Oh, I need You, Please, Remember me,
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Remember me, Remember me Father, When I'm worried, Worried,
Remember me Father, When I'm on my death bed and I'm dying, Yeah,
You know, You know when the storms of life, Gonna keep on ragin', Ragin', Ragin',
Oh, Lord, Oh, I love You,
Come on and remember me!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Father! Father! Father! Father! Father! Father! Father! Father! Ohhhh...
Too many, Too many dangers, Too many dangers toils and snares, Oh Lord,
It was grace, (Nothin' but Grace), That brought me safe this far,
If I live right, I know, I know, I know, I know Grace, Grace will surely, Surely lead me on home,

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

There were two thieves, Hanging beside Him, Just to share, Just to share His agony,
And one of them cried out, If you be the Christ, Come down and save yourself, And save me,
The other one cried out, Why don't you leave Him alone, Can't you see that He's done nobody wrong,
And he said Master, When you get a new Kingdom,
Please remember me!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah.....

Oh..............


--------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by!!

God Bless You!





2 comments:

  1. I tried to download this song on spotify i it wouldn't let me....what do I need to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm not sure but maybe spotify help could offer a solution.

      Delete