Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Becky Lang - Psalm 27


Photo: Praising God In The Sunset - By JFXie - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:O_Praise_Him.jpg


Hi!

I first heard this song a few years ago and liked it then.

Today I heard it again for the first time in a while — and wow did it speak to me.

Psalm 27 is sung sweetly and gently by Christian singer Becky Lang — and her website's "about" page reveals the story about how this song came together:

"I have been a worship leader for about ten years now, half of which has been at Hilltop Campus Church in Peoria, Illinois. It was actually in preparation for a worship service that my song, Psalm 27, was birthed. I felt stuck while going through my song books so I asked the Lord what He wanted us to sing that night. I then opened my Bible to Psalm 27 (one of my favorite chapters) and out flowed the song in about three minutes' time. 
 
I strongly feel that the Lord led me to this passage to give a word that the people of this generation so desperately need to have written on their hearts. Where is our confidence in these times when many hearts will fail out of fear? This song is a declaration of faith that we can be completely confident that we will one day see the beauty of the Lord. My hope and prayer is that the Lord would strengthen your hearts and deepen your confidence in Him as you worship with this song.

Blessings and Love,

Becky Lang

------------------------

The lyrics are provided below the video.

As always I pray this beautiful praise song will Bless you and lead you to our Merciful Father's Love!





Psalm 27 - Lyrics

The Lord is my Light,
The Lord is my Light and my Salvation,
Whom shall I fear,

The Strength of my life,
The Strength in my life,
Of whom shall I be afraid,

In this I will be comforted,
In my Life I look high and see the beauty of the Lord,

One thing,
Only one thing,
Only one thing Jesus,
You're the one thing that I seek,

Beautiful,
Wonderful,
Glorious are you Jesus!

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for stopping by!

May God Richly Bless you! 

Jesus is LORD!

Seek Him!
-------------------------------------------


9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.





No comments:

Post a Comment