Friday, April 14, 2017

I Go To The Rock · Aaron & Jeoffrey


Hi!

It's wonderful when a  song can traverse the years and changing generations and tastes — and still speak to our hearts and souls of God's enduring love, protection, salvation and grace!

MANY years ago, Gospel singer Dottie Rambo (1934 – 2008) wrote and recorded what has become a standard gospel song:  "I Go To The Rock."

Dolly Parton And Dottie Appearing Together On The Porter Wagoner Show
Dolly Parton And Dottie Appearing Together On The Porter Wagoner Show

Wikipedia: According to some reports, Dottie composed upwards of 2,500 songs in her lifetime.

"Rambo's best-known songs include "We Shall Behold Him", "Holy Spirit Thou Art Welcome (In This Place)", "I Go to the Rock", "Sheltered in the Arms of God", "I Will Glory in the Cross", "He Looked Beyond My Fault", "Tears Will Never Stain the Streets of That City", "For What Earthly Reason", "If That Isn't Love", "To Much to Gain to Lose" and many more.

Rambo's songs have been recorded by a virtual "who's who" in the music world with her biggest songwriting cut being Whitney Houston's version of "I Go to the Rock" that appeared on the motion picture soundtrack for The Preacher's Wife. The recording garnered Rambo and Houston the 1998 GMA Dove Award for Traditional Gospel Song of the Year."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dottie_Rambo 

Elvis (with Dottie) Was Reportedly Recording An Album Of  Gospel Songs All Written By Her Before His Death
Elvis (with Dottie) Was Reportedly Recording An
Album Of  Gospel Songs All Written By Her Before His Death

 You can read a detailed biography of Rambo's life here:

http://www.dottierambo.net/bio.html 

Aaron♦Jeoffrey, a pop gospel, father and son act, gave Dottie's song a driving contemporary feel and beat in 1995.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Jeoffrey

I heard this version again recently and have found it paying in my mind since then. This morning when I woke up hearing it — and decided it was time to post it here.

The video is music only but you'll find the lyrics posted under it.

Hope it Blesses you — and speaks to your heart about God's unfailing love and support for us!


I Go To The Rock lyrics
Album: Aaron Jeoffrey

Where do I go,
When there's no body else to turn to,
Who do I talk to,
When no one wants to listen,

Who do I lean on,
When there's no foundation that's stable,
I go to the Rock,
I know He's able,
I go to the Rock,

Chorus: I go to the Rock of my Salvation,
I go to the Stone that the builders rejected,
I run to the Mountain and the Mountain stands by me,

When the earth all around me is sinking sand,
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
When I need a Shelter, 
When I need a Friend,
I go to the Rock,

Where do I hide,
When the storms of life are threatening,
Where do I run to,
When the winds of sorrow blow,

Is there a refuge,
A refuge in the time of tribulation,
I go to the Rock.
I know, I know He's able,

(To Chorus)

When the earth all around is sinking sand,
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
When I need a Shelter, 
When I need a Friend,

When he earth all around is sinking sand,
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
When I need a Shelter, 
When I need a Friend,
I go to the Rock.....

 ------------------------------------------


Thanks so much for stopping by!

May God Richly Bless you! 

Jesus is LORD!

Seek Him!
-------------------------------------------


9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.





No comments:

Post a Comment