Sunday, April 30, 2017

Gospel Praise: Been So Good To Me - The Harmony Quintet





Let Everything Praise the Lord

1 Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens!

2 Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his excellent greatness!

3 Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!

4 Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!

5 Praise him with sounding cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!

6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord!
 
The Zion Travelers Spiritual Singers of Baton Rouge in the studio recording The Gospel Train. Photo: J. Nash Porter
The Zion Travelers Spiritual Singers of Baton Rouge in the studio recording The Gospel Train. Photo: J. Nash Porter
http://www.louisianafolklife.org/LT/Articles_Essays/gospel_music_in_la.html


---------------------------------------------

Hi!

I found a Gospel song that just makes me want to tap my toes, sing along, and thank Jesus for all he's done for me.

I hope you'll give it a spin and let it Bless you too.

I can't find out much more about it than it's title and the group's name:

Been So Good To Me by The Harmony Quintet

But the video's description on YouTube gives this one clue: It's on a CD called "Dream Reality Records Presents Great Gospel Music Vol. I (2006)"

Dream Reality Records

P.O. Box 5473
Valdosta, GA 31603

Email: dreamrealityrecords@yahoo.com

www.dreamrealityrecords.com

https://www.facebook.com/Dream-Realit...

The video is "music only" and although the lyrics are fairly simple I posted them below.

Enjoy!





Been So Good To Me - Lyrics

When I look back over my life,
And I see how God has Blessed me,
When I look back over my life,
And I see how God has kept me,

I know He's been so good to me - 4X

I thank you Lord for your Grace and Mercy,
That kept me along my way,
I thank you Lord for your Love and Kindness,
That helped me from day to day,

I know He's been so good to me - 4X

Many times I felt like giving up,
But He kept me in his loving care,
Many times I've been *** one down,
But He stepped in right on Time,

I know He's been so good to me - 4X

Every now and then I look up and tell him,
I thank you Jesus!
I thank you Lord!


-------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for stopping by!

May God Richly Bless you! 

Jesus is LORD!

Seek Him!
-------------------------------------------


9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jephyr,
    I just listened to this song and I have to say, I can say 'amen to every word sung' as it is exactly how my life has been in the Lord.
    God bless you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Brenda. Every year God adds to my life the more sure I am that He is bringing me through it all. Thanks for commenting and God Bless you too!

      Delete