Monday, June 30, 2014

Gospel Music: Linda Gibson Johnson - "Buy Me Gold"

Video and lyrics below

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Revelation 3:18-22
18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Public Domain Image:  Women in a Pentecostal worship service.
Public Domain Image

Are you ready to have a little church? 

If you click on the Gospel music video posted below...you may just be inclined to snap yer fingers, clap, and (gulp)...even raise yer hands...and TESTIFY!

If exuberant acts of praise and worship aren't your style...you can always gently nod your head...or tap your toes inside yer moccasins.  : )

So hold on to yer bonnet sister...and loosen your tie mister...and let Linda Gibson-Johnson Bless you with "Buy Me Gold"!







Buy Me Gold - Lyrics


Verse 1:
John was on the isle of Patmos,
He was talking with the Son of Man.
The Lord said, "John, go and write it down",
So he did with his own hand,

Then the Lord said, "Tell 'em,
Go and tell 'em just what I say,
They'd better be ready to meet me,
When they stand at the judgment day",

Chorus:
He said, "Buy me gold, tried in the fire,
Melt it down, turn the flames a little bit higher,
Don't give me no gold, Oh, that ain't been purified,
Honey, it just ain't good enough, if it ain't been tried",

Verse 2:
People talk about old time religion,
While livin' in a modern way,
They like to reminisce about the saints of old,
How it was back in the day.

They've got all of those stories,
Gathered up in their minds,
Don't they know the Lord's still looking,
For a gold of just that kind,

(Chorus)

Verse 3:
Now you tell me all about your troubles,
Things you been a'going through, 
You say you just can't make it,
Well, I'll say a little prayer for you, 

You ain't seen nothing like it,
And you've almost lost your mind,
Don't you know its gotta get hotter,
If your ever gonna be refined, 

(Chorus)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks as always for stoppin' by!







No comments:

Post a Comment